It is easy to say you love where you live. It is much harder to show it, partly because of the way we think about how cities are built (roads, schools, infrastructure, etc...). We often see ourselves as spectators to the process because it all seems so very big. What is needed is an opportunity to show our neighbors and our city that we and they have a powerful role to play.
love where you live Initiatives
12 WAYS TO LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE RIGHT NOW
1. Sit on the front porch and letting kids play in the front yard
2. Pass out baked goods (fresh bread, cookies, brownies, etc.)
3. Invite neighbors over for dinner
4. Attend the parties invited to by neighbors
5. Do a food drive or coat drive in winter and get neighbors involved
6. Have a game night (yard games outside, or board games inside)
7. Grow a garden and give out extra produce to neighbors
8. Start a weekly open meal night in your home
9. Do a summer BBQ every Friday night and invite others to contribute
10. Host a sports game watching party
11. Host a coffee and dessert night
12. Start hosting a play date weekly for other stay at home parents
Everything in our society teaches us to use our talents for ourselves – but deep down inside we know we were made for more than that. We know instinctively that there is a bigger purpose in life. It’s that deep desire inside us, the desire to make a difference.
At Westline Church, our dream is simple: love and serve the world the way Jesus did.